As you're doing more writing, and beginning to embark on bigger projects (in this course or others, remember the Writing Center has Online Appointments. Sign up here: https://muhlenberg.mywconline.com/ I highly recommend this for rewrites, for a tune-up, for reassurance, if you're curious,...
I haven't got much other commentary at the top, so let's dive straight in!
Schedule for today
Drop in tutorial: 1-2 pm, open to all.
- Option 1: reserve a spot on this Google appointment page
- Option 2: "drop in" anytime, but you may have to wait a bit in the waiting room.
Both are for a Zoom meeting, using the Green Link on your respective Canvas SECRETS pages (or find the info in your Canvas Calendar).
|HST439||Comments for the Social Annotation are due tonight, 11.59pm in the Hypothes.is group HST439.|
Getting Started Workshops from Digital Learning
- 6-7 PM: "Setting up Bergbuilds and WordPress" (Check the PDF for Zoom meeting ID and login)
- Spread the word: just because you're becoming a "ninja" with your Domains and Hypothes.is expertise, doesn't mean your friends in other courses are - but they can! Send them to the workshops.
- 6.30pm: "Holding the 2020 election under crisis: Challenges and solutions"
- The Political Science Department's series "Democracy in Crisis: Elections in 2020" continues! Sign up via this website to follow the debate, and ask questions of the panelists.
- "Keeping the Republic is a bipartisan group that is especially concerned with potential post-election challenges to the electoral process. Dr. Borick [Muhlenberg Political Science] will be moderating the event."
- 4pm: Africana book club is reading Parable of the Talents by Octavia Butler, discussing chapters 17 through the end of the novel. If you'd like to join in with the conversation, let me know, I can share the details for the Zoom session.
- The next meeting will be on Oct. 7, and the club members start reading a new book: Boy, Snow, Bird (2014) by Helen Oyeyemi. Contact Dr. Kucik to be added to the list!
Growth Mindset Cat says:
I hope you can see how this Cat's mindset applies to our courses: